Thursday, March 12, 2009

Separated at Birth?

While pushing tees for Buffalo T-shirts yesterday someone mentioned that the lowercase Buffalo shirt reminded her of the Loblaws Supermarket logo. First let me say I was a big fan of Loblaws so I wasnt surprised that perhaps I borrowed from the design. After all, there is nothing new anymore, right? All design is borrowed and re-hashed. When I was a kid it was the only market in the Hamburg/Lakeshore area worth its salt (located at the South Shore Plaza). I still have my 1982 hockey sticker book from Loblaws-complete with Trottier, Bossy, Potvin and The Great One.
So last night, I jumped on the internet and checked out the evidence. While there are similarities in the curvature of the mark, I conclude that I didn't borrow from this logo. I still contend I borrowed from an old California t-shirt graphic from the 70s, although I cant find any supporting images for this theory.
I submit the following for review:


(This limited edition shirt is almost sold out. I have 1 XXL and 3 Lg. Get it now for $21.99 and Ill ship it free.)



No comments:

Post a Comment